Tuesday, September 2, 2008

BN ride to lonavala

Finally after a long time on a bike ride , this time with a group known as Bike Nomads. We were to goto Lonavala and come back just like that on Saturday 30th August.

The plan was to meet on the bypass highway near Joshi Wade Wale at Wakad at 7am , in the morning. Now 7am on a Saturday seemed weird but for a ride im ready anytime :)

Got up at 6am , left home at 6.45am and reached Joshi Wade Wale by 6.55am , the place is just 5km from my home and in the morning no traffic !

Found just one guy Somnath waiting there. We introduced ourselves as this being my first ride with the group. Sometime later Sayan came in followed by Anupam and Chinmay. We introduced ourselves and by then Vibhu (one of the owners of the yahoogroup for this riding club) came in at 7.20am.

After some instructions from Sayan about the ride and the formation we started and some guys filled in petrol and we went ahead.

We were 7 people (1 more to be picked up ahead) on 2 Pulsar 150's , 2 Karizma's , 1 Unicorn and 1 Pulsar 220. Mine being the classic Pulsar 150 I was lagging behind in speeds compared to the 200+ cc guys. Even Sayan on a 150 Dtsi bike was ripping ... sadly I couldnt rip because of two reasons one being I ride cooly and the 2nd being mine was the less power bike in the lot.

We reached Talegaon in about 20 mins and picked up Nalin another fellow who was to ride pillion with Chinmay on the P220.

We then zoomed ahead towards lonavala this time me making max speeds of 95kmph on my bike and I was told to be in front coz everyone could overtake me easily and they didnt want to break their formation.

Reached Lonavala at around 8.30am and then a hotel where we stopped for breakfast and had discussion ranging from the Annual Meet to the iphone et all over cups of tea and the breakfast.
Finally leaving from there it was decided to go upto Tiger Point on the road to Sahara City and come back and go home.

We entered Lonavala and went ahead - nowadays there is a toll post for 2 and 4 wheelers taking 20 Rs per vehicle and 5 Rs per person. Now toll for bikes was unheard before and not on that road to Sahara City anytime. We got into an altercation with those guys who tried to convince us why the toll was being charged , we anyway gave the amount and then went ahead.

The road was as usual amazing to say and others ripped ahead with me and Vibhu at the end. We reached the point and took photos chatted for sometime before moving to another point just ahead and sat there and did some timepass before leaving back.

Coming back was a speedy affair with me extracting 105 kmph from my bike , the max , but the p220 and the karizma were long gone ahead of me and I couldnt even catch a glimpse of them ahead until I reached home.

Guess its time to upgrade my bike..but i love my current one, ill keep this and go for a faster one :) , thus the ride with BN........

No comments: